I usually have Pandora streaming in the background of my classroom at all times. I will mute during quiz or test time, or if I am sage-on-staging, but as I conduct a Constructivist classroom, the small groups of learning seem to benefit from constant music.
Country, or my “Lady Antebellum” station is a popular choice on most days. I also take requests.
In the last week, my freshmen have requested:
- “Friday, I’m in love” by The Cure
- “Mrs. Robinson” by Simon & Garfunkel (covers just would not do)
- anything by Mumford & Sons
- “American Boy” by Estelle (featuring Kanye West because he’s always there, too)
- “The Phantom of the Opera, main theme,” by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Seriously, Ms. Tolle, when can we listen to more Mumford & Sons?
Love how inspiring these folks are to me. And their taste in music makes me so happy.
Pingback: People with Stories: Brent | ctolle